After doing this halloween shoot, in an attempt to be super green and not waste anything, I roasted all the seeds to give to the hens and then I made a pie out of the pumpkin flesh. I’ve never made one before and it was delicious, you’ll have to try it! No, I’m not going to make it for you – you’ll have to make it yourself but here’s the recipe.
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 15oz cooked, drained and mashed pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) exasperated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
Beat eggs in large bowl.
Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes.
Reduce temperature to 350° F;
bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.