Ok. You know I love you dropping by, leaving comments and clicking the ‘Like’ button, all that makes me happy. There’s nothing I like better than to write a post that I know (hope) will make you smile. ‘Spread The Joy’, that’s my motto.
However, sometimes there’s no joy to spread. Sometimes there’s nothing to spread but a great big mountain of crap.
Far be it from me to bore you with my bitching , moaning and complaining about my lot on here but there are times when I have to remind myself that I began this blog as a chronicle of my life, loves, trials and challenges and that by it’s very nature can’t always be sunny side up…….so brace yourself for a moan fest.
I won’t be offended if you decide to move swiftly on as self-pity is never attractive to witness but I’ve had a bastard few days and I need to get it off my ample chest.
1. The snow. Came. Snowed. Buggered off. leaving us sub zero temperatures, icy winds and treacherous roads and pavements. Short changed in the snow department. Even fecking Turkey has had snow. Where’s mine?
2. Wedding fair time again. We have a huuuuge wedding fair coming up this weekend. Our display banner got damaged (not pointing any fingers but the culprit isn’t far away) so I spent 5 hours last Saturday designing a new one and pretty damn pleased I was too when I’d finished it. What’s wrong with that I can hear you saying?
I’ll tell you what’s fecking wrong with that. The design software couldn’t handle a file that big so it let me do all the design work – all 5 hours of it – and then refused to export it so I could send it for printing. After it had crashed 6 times I got the message and spent most of the following day doing exactly the same work in Photoshop. It’s a good job I’m the Photoshop queen. Still it’s not like I wanted to have any leisure time last weekend – I was thrilled to be tied to my computer all weekend on the only free weekend we have for 6 weeks. NOT!
3. Driving over to the printer’s with the aforementioned artwork on a cd, my car broke down. Two hours of sitting in my car in the also aforementioned sub zero temperatures before the AA man turned up didn’t put me in the best frame of mind. After being towed back to my home town. I discovered that the problem is the timing chain again. You know, the timing chain that never fails once in the car’s lifetime never mind twice. Major expense and even more major inconvenience. It appears that my car is terminally ill and is fit only for the knacker’s yard. Not so much a Grand Vitara as a bag of shit Vitara. Knacker’s yard it is, then.
4. Got a tax refund . YAY!! That’ll pay for the repairs to the car. Len tried to cheer my up by saying that the tax man paid for it and at least I won’t be out of pocket but that pissed me off even more, I’d had plans for that money and they didn’t include repairing the car. I feel like someone has given me a present and then snatched it back off me.
5. The cat howling woke me up from a dream argument with a woman I hardly know. It was about me wearing too much make up but she was wearing purple yellow and green eyeshadow!!! The same woman was also angry with me for sliding out of my sandals on a steep slope while the Orangemen walked Belfast. I’m certain a psychologist could make a lot from that little lot!
6. Made my breakfast. Put the cereal bowl down next to the butter dish while I got the yoghurt out of the fridge. Poured my yoghurt all over the butter dish instead of all over my cereal. Sigh.
7. Latest wedding album arrived. Once again not up to standard. Yet another confrontation on the phone to the album company. Of course their answer every time is that it’s my files at fault and not their printing. I did suggest that their quality control man must have been struck blind if he couldn’t see that there was so much red in the pictures that the whole bridal party looked like they had sunstroke. Can I just take the photos and leave the rest of it up to someone else, please? I like taking the photos.
8. Still feeling hurt and angry today after a thoughtless comment that had me in tears for most of yesterday.
9. Having a two day headache and no sign of it lifting.
10. All the other crap that I can’t share on here – which makes the rest of it seem like a walk in the park.
Moan over – for now.
My name is Morgan Freeman, thanks for listening.