Now then. That was a bit of a turn up.
There I was, minding my own business doing a bit of blog surfing which actually, now I come to think of it, it wasn’t minding my own business at all was it? More like peeping into everyone else’s business. Either way I was enjoying it.
Suddenly, up popped a comment from MeeBee who’s only been and gone and nominated me for a Leibster Award. Thanks, MeeBee!
It’s a kind of blog chain letter, except you write your own letter and then pass on the challenge to ten other writers. The purpose of it is to encourage writers of new blogs, or in my case, to support writers of blogs that have been around a while but no one reads. A kind of
‘ God loves a tryer award.’
Here are the rules I’ve been asked to follow, if you accept this nomination, you can do the same:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. Nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
And if you link back to this post, your response will appear as a “pingback” in the discussion section at the end of this post.
So. Laaydeez and Gennelmen, without further ado, here are the answers you didn’t know you’d been waiting for:
1. What made you start your blog?
A. College. It was part of my final project for my degree course in photography. After the course had finished I picked up blogging as a journal just to keep my memories of the little, and not so little, everyday events that would soon be swallowed up in the mists of time. I’m my own most avid ready. Until the zero to hero challenge I was just about my only reader.
2. What special skills do you have?
A. Ummm. I can take nice photographs. For about ten years I was a microlight pilot, I’m not sure I still have the skill to fly a plane. I might need to brush up on that. Apparently I can make people feel at ease. I can also scare the bejaysus out of them if I so feel.
3. If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
A. As much as I don’t particularly like birds I envy their ability to fly. I’d like to be one just so I could fly. Not a manky old pigeon though. I’d be some kind of regal bird. A golden eagle or something. Or my dog. I’d like to be my dog. Without the epilepsy.
4. What one interesting thing have you learnt this week?
A. Working on the basis it’s only Monday I’ll defer on that question. Try me again later in the week.
5. I really like English and Australian ‘red curtain’ films as devised by Baz Luhrmann. Strictly Ballroom, The Full Monty and Little Voice are my favourite films because they make me laugh out loud – mostly because they have a foot in reality and aren’t too slick.
6. What would be your perfect holiday and why?
A. See previous post. Actually, A holiday somewhere cold to go northern light spotting (and photographing, obviously) with Boofuls and then a Caribbean cruise to warm us up again. In both instances perfection would be if we could take Douggie the Doggie with us.
7. If you were going to write a book what would you call it and what would it be about?
A. I’d call it ‘You Couldn’t Make It Up’ and it would be about quirky characters I’ve met over the years and some of the ridiculous and funny events that have happened as a result.
8. If you could visit any country in the world which would it be?
A. Umm, New Zealand. No, I mean Cuba. No I mean India, No, I mean……………can’t decide. Too may amazing places. The only place that I absolutely had to visit was Lapland which we did last year. Boofuls and I have been lucky to have done a fair amount of travelling over the years and seen lots of places on our respective bucket lists.
9. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
A. I’m supposed to say Nelson Mandela or Ghandi or something now, aren’t I? Damn, I’m just not highbrow enough. I love meeting new people. I like meeting all people ( mostly). Famous people though make me starstruck and stupid, not that I’ve met many. When I met prince Andrew a few years ago I just burbled rubbish at him. He looked at me like a was a total peasant and walked on.
10. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
A. I’d learn a musical instrument. For a few years at school I played the violin and then started to play it again as an adult. After a few ears of my eardrums straining and the cat running way I gave it up again. Fair to dsay that I wasn’t great at it. Does it count if it’s something I already do? Doggie dancing is fairly random but it is a skill Douggie and I love it.
Still here? Well done!
So there you are, that’s me in a nutshell.
So. Time for another fanfare. Who are the nominees?
In no particular order ( dim the lights and play music to build the suspense)
My Leibster Nominees are:
1. Oven dried tomatoes
3. Everything about my dog
4.The Flibberatic Skreebles
8. Luna’s Imagination Igloo
9. Charlotte’s Big Inca Trail Challenge
10. Mind & Eye
My questions are:
1. Are you a lark or a night owl.
2. What is your proudest moment?
3. What is your favourite place and why?
4. How do you keep fit?
5. What is your favourite book/film/piece of music and why?
6. Describe yourself in five words
7. What is your favourite childhood memory?
8. What is your favourite hobby?
9. What would be your superpower?
10. Why did you start your blog?